Sunday 7 February 2010

Thats why they told me that!

When I am fitting work the traditional way using hot lead, It looks like this until you pack it down and trim it neatly
I was told always put a drop of oil in the hole as its stops any moisture vaporising when the hot lead is poured into the hole. this is something I always do because I was told.. Well yesterday I missed one of the holes, so when I poured the lead in, POP the hot lead was blasted straight up into the air, it hit the top rail of the railing and went sideways. Ive got a full face mask on and a hat to protect my head. in a nanosecond I couldn't see a thing as my face mask and hat were instantly bright silver and heavy, covered in a layer of lead. YOWZA it made me jump.
melting the lead and setting the bars in place
the railing fitted and ready to finish of with a final coat of paint next week

No comments:

Post a Comment